

My parents were generous enough to fly us out to spend family vacation with them at Lake Powell. Grandpa got a new houseboat and it is a beauty. I've been going to Lake Powell every summer since 5th Grade. When we first started going we camped. Those are some great memories. Small children piled on top of camping gear roaming around in a boat at night trying to find a camping spot, digging latrines in the sand. Our first red water weenie, learning to slaulum ski (my dad and mom took me out on the boat alone and it took me 21 times to get up--I know because I counted). A few years later we graduated to our first house boat, "The Pegusus". Love that thing. As the years go by and we continue to grow as a family with spouses and grand kids, the house boat has grown with us. Our new beauty, "Memory Maker" is like a first class hotel on water. It is wider than our other boat with 4 guest bedrooms, a master suite, 2 large bathrooms, granite countertops, and even a flat screen TV! We were so comfortable with all the 30 bodies on the boat we didn't know what to do with ourselves! Thanks to my Dad for helping us be a part of it. It was wonderful to spend good quality time with my brothers and sisters, grandma and grandpa, aunt and uncle, and cousins. We were able to talk and catch up and my children got to spend time getting to know their cousins better and fell in love with the place I fell in love with when I was young. We killed ourselves with Grandpa's new wake kite, and playing all day until exhausting ourselves silly. My kids still ask when we get to go to Lake Powell again. I love that place and I love my family. I think I have the greatest parents and brothers and sisters on the planet. What a great place to be with all of them!





No comments:
Post a Comment