Speaking of being thankful. . . our thanks goes to the Nicholsons for inviting us over to spend Thanksgiving dinner with them for the second year in a row. Both Stephanie and I forgot to take pictures of the feast, but it was a good one. We ate so much we decided to save the pie for the next weekend. Note to self: Next year lets not make my Grandma's cinnamon rolls. I was so sick from them that I could barely make them for Christmas (our usual tradition). I made Steve's mom's Martha Stewart cornbread stuffing recipe again this year, as well as 7 layer bean dip and artichoke spinach dip. Second note to self: Try not to overload on appetizers before the actual meal. Your stomach can only hold so much. After much eating, many games were played and movies watched. All and all it was another great thanksgiving. Thanks Stephanie and Scott for helping us create Alabama traditions and keeping us from homesickness and boredom.

My birthday was a little boring this year. (Note to husband: not a brilliant idea to get your wife a curling iron for her birthday--I forgive you). But really, I wanted a simple boring birthday. Steve made me home cooked Korean food which was delicious and we opened presents and ate cake with the kids. He also took me out to dinner over the weekend for a night on the town.

A week or so after my birthday my parents dropped in to give us a visit. This year we decided not to go home for Christmas for the first time since we've been married. (Don't tell, I actually thought I might get homesick, but I didn't. Maybe that's because we are heading to Utah tomorrow and I don't have to stress about packing Christmas presents and I get to go skiing in a non-crowded ski resort). Can you believe I only took one picture with my parents and the kids? Yes one. You're looking at it. Would some of you please give me your desire to take lots of pictures. I loose mine all the time. I get too into whatever I'm doing and then forget all about it. All you photogrophers out there (yes you, you know who you are) you make me look really bad.
We had a great time with my parents. I went Christmas shopping for the kids with my mom. On saturday we went to Bridge Street and ate at Red Robin (huge treat for the kids) and then we went to see a show. We ate so much popcorn by the time we got out of the movie my dad decided to take us to Maggie Moo's for dinner. The kids thought it was way cool to have ice cream for dinner. Totally stuffed to the max. The next day I got to speak in Church (not cool), my Dad flew home and my mom stayed a few more days and then went home. I feel so blessed to have parents who make time for me and my family even though they have eight other children and are incredibly busy.
Ok, don't laugh. A few days after my parents left we had Steve's annual Holiday party. Thankyou again friends for letting me borrow the dress and the jewlery-- another penny saved! Steve's party is a big deal for us every year because it is for over a thousand people and he is the guy in charge of it. Steve has been the MC every year along with some of the others on his team. They work really hard and I am always glad when it is over because I actually get my husband back, mentally and physically. I have to say this year was the best party I've been to so far because they had a lip sinc contest for large prizes like 52 inch flat panels, and brand new refrigerators. It was sheer craziness. They also did this thing called wrap the manager where three different teams had to gift wrap executives. It was fun to see some of the Korean managers get out of their comfort zones. I also got a special treat-- Steve actually danced with me this year. Usually I never get to dance with him because he is running around, but the people on his team made him stop and give me a turn. He was a little nervous because we were one of the only couple's on the floor dancing and every one seemed to be looking at us, but he didn't step on my feet, he just blushed a bit. That's ok because I'm glad I can still make him blush.



During the month of December we did the usual fun Christmas time activities. We went to see the lights at the botanical gardens, and did breakfast with Santa at the High School.

We also got to go to Stephen's kindergarten Christmas brunch. That was lots of fun. We went caroling to many of the classrooms in the school and had a great breakfast. Luke was very excited when Stephen's teacher, Mrs. Mittman made a Reindeer t-shirt with him. I also went into Stephen's class room one day and made my grandma's cinnamon rolls with the kids. We made a big mess, but had lots of fun.
Christmas was great this year! Steve has been wanting a wii for about three years now, so we decided to get one for our family present. We have used it a TON and it was worth the investment to us. The kids also got some great gifts from all our family as well as from Santa Clause. Steve redeemed himself from my birthday and got me an i-pod shuffle for Chirstmas. We enjoyed spending Christmas eve and day with just our little family have now officially started our own traditions. This year we had Christmas dinner with the Marsaws and that made the day perfect! Again, this year I am thankful for friends!


I can't finish off this post without adding a little about Luke because I have previously added posts about Stephen and Anna, but not my little man. When Stephen started kindergarten it was really hard for Luke. He still cries in the morning sometimes when Stephen leaves for school not only because he will miss his brother, but because he wants to go to kindergarten so badly. Sadly for him, he misses the deadline for kindergarten by three days, so he won't be starting next year, but I do have him registered for a regular preschool which he is very excited about. Luke also has not been able to play soccer because again, he misses the deadline to start. This last fall Luke was really struggling and frustrated and I felt he needed something of his very own he could excell in. We decided to put him in gymnastics. He loves it, has a wonderful teacher, Mr. Ken, and has really improved his skills this year. I'm so grateful for strokes of inspiration. It really makes mothering much easier!
Ok. I'm signing off now. Kudos to you if you actually got this far. I can't believe I did. This year I will try not to get so far behind!







5 comments:
ok...so now you are REALLY making me look bad! I kept thinking-"it's not that big of a deal that I haven't blogged in forever...Amy hasn't either!" But now...I have no excuse..maybe I can actually have something done before you get back from Utah!
:)
OK, my dress looks better on you than it does on me. I think you should borrow it more often...
And what a great catch-up post. The scrap pages are so cute, and your whole blog looks so cute!!
I know just what you mean about the friendships that sustain us. If we didn't have friends like the Brossards, we would have hit the trail running out of Alabama a while ago. We are thankful for y'all!
Wow- blog overload- thanks for the great update on your holidays and everything you've been doing in Alabama! We missed you guys over Christmas but it was sooo fun to have you guys here over the last week and hang out! now we will miss you again!
Is this the bottom? I think i need to break up my posting more too. I love the picture of you and Steve, did he know that you would be able to see him standing on his tip toes? I also love the pictures of Luke, Kayla really misses gymnastics.
I stuck it out throughout your many posts--and LOVED them!! I especially love your and Steve's "prom pose"! You guys are such a sweet couple, seriously! And your children are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I would love to meet little Anna and squinch her adorable cheeks! How wonderful to be a mother!
Post a Comment