So before I move onto Halloween and soccer. . . and while I'm still recovering from our Halloween party, I have to share a "typical Steve story." Last Friday night we went to the temple. We are getting much better at it now that we trade our kids with another family and we carpool with friends and then go out to dinner. Its easier to want to do the right thing when 3 hours of driving is actually fun you know? Being that Steve was in charge of a golf tournament for Korean executives the next day (bummer when you have to work on Saturday), he wasn't sure if we should go to the temple because we get home late and he had to be there early. Because we set a goal to make it to the temple once a month and it was our last chance, he decided we should go anyway. We got home at 12:30. Steve had to "finish up" a few things to get ready for his tournament, so he got to bed at like 2:00. He got up at 5:00 the next morning (how do you work on 3 hours of sleep?) He drove 50 minutes to Arab (don't ask me where that is), set up and started his event, then he drove back to Madison and coached Stephen's soccer game. Of course people are still calling him while he is coaching the game.

After the game he drove straight back to Arab, finished his event, sent his employees home early (what?), cleaned up by himself, and got home at 4:30. Meantime, being my insane self, I got a babysitter during the afternoon and ran 18 miles. Yes, I am training for a marathon, but that's the longest I've gone in 3 years so when I got home I could barely walk, to say the least. It's adult stake conference session that night. I'm in bed complaining about the throbbing in my legs, he's exhausted and I say I don't really want to go to the meeting. We went to the temple last night, maybe we should just stay home? Tired eyes, he looks at me and says, "I just know the Lord will bless us if we go." How can I not love this man? It was a wonderful meeting. The spirit was so strong, I was crying, thankful I went. The talks and the music absolutely superb! And of course, I let Steve sleep in until 11:00 the next day and take a nap after stake conference until 7:00 that night. Now that's tired! What a guy!
10 comments:
That's classic. I envy Steve's ability to cope with everything!! Hope your recovery is going well (my house is STILL a disaster...)
I am impressed you got this blog done while watching 3 kids! It must be the effects of the diet coke from last night still pushing you through!
Well I have to say that Steve should have been Superman at the party for even attempting to do all of that. Jon always telling me to "EDIT".
Amy, this is Lisa (your cousin). I hope you don't mind that I blog-hopped to your blog from Ben and Shara's. I loved reading your story about Steve and what you are doing. I especially could relate to having to drive 3 hours to the temple, and appreciate your goal to go once a month. That is tough!! Good for you both. Love you guys!!
Hey, I tried calling you today and it said your cell is disconnected. Anyway, if you are still interested in some Modbe stuff let me know, I want to order your stuff today or tomorrow. They have 2 new jeans in, let me know what you think. call me
Hey, are you posting any of the Halloween party pics? I'd love to see them since I forgot my camera!
Take Care -
Hello, Amy. I found your blog through Jessica's blog, and I enjoyed this post. It reminded me of one I did a few days ago about my husband. What great guys! I ran 4 miles this morning and about passed out when I saw that you recently ran 18. Seriously impressive! :)
Hey Amy thanks for checking out our spot, I'll probably only be on there once a month and when I develop my photos then it'll be way fun. But cool on the borders and counter things on your site.
Every time my kids see you out running they go crazy, "there she is, GO, GO, GO!"
Wish you guys lived down the street then these guys could get some playing time in.
Wow, Steve really is amazing... I'm impressed. We have a hard time going to the temple once a month and it is just 10 minutes away!
That is amazing! I felt so incredibly blessed to be a part of the choir and attend each meeting. I have never felt the spirit so abundantly at Stake Conference.
If you are ever up for more to swapwith on temple nights let us know. We need to get back into the swing of it.
Post a Comment