Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chaos!

Where to start! This post will be picturless because at the moment I am cameraless, but I promise to document later. What to say. I am really excited about living in New Jersey. It is so different in such a fun way. People are loud and open and smile a lot. Everyone lives on top of each other so there is such a difference coming from the South and the way it spreads itself out. Because I love diversity and different wasy of thinking I am really enjoying this new place. We live by many Asians, many being Korean. I love watching the orthodox Jews walk to church on Saturdays with their hats on and their families. There are lots of Indians, Italians, and they really do talk just like they show on TV. Besides my adventures in People watching we are having a crazy time with our new house. So far we have been without an air conditioner for a week, using a dryer that takes 12 hours to dry one load, and a sink and a dishwasher that flooded into the basement. HOWEVER, I refuse to let these minor things ruin my day or my first month here! Well, got to go! Love, AMy

5 comments:

The Jensen 6 said...

I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying your new home! Any chance still of going back to Korea? Can't believe how big your kids are! Mine still talk about Stephen!

Jessica M said...

Good heavens. Are you just repeating to yourself, "It's not my house....It's not my house...". The air conditioner problem has got to be fixed however. Hope things cool down soon.

Emily H. said...

Hey Amy! I found your blog from Jessica's and had to know how you are doing. I've been thinking about you guys. So glad to hear you made it there and that you are enjoying the fun change of living in jersy. I'd love to hear all about the interesting people you meet! Hope your house problems get resolved soon. Miss seeing you at the gym. I actually did a sprint tri! I'm still trying to be as fit as you. :)

Spencer said...

Hey Aim! Great to hear you made your move okay, and what an adventure to be in such a diverse place! How's the neighborhood for running? I have other ??s for you, and would love to catch up, so send me a line sometime! Hugs, Em
ps-when are you coming out to Nauvoo?? :-)

Spencer said...

p.s. I love your music!...brings back memories of beautiful runs along the wasatch front (me borrowing your clunky "sport" walkman!) miss you!