Thursday, November 13, 2008

Halloween Festivities

First off, Sorry for falling off the blogging wagon for a while. You would think I could get Halloween up faster. My photoshop program kept shutting down on me and when you get addicted to digital scrapbooking that is a HUGE bummer. Needless to say we are up and running. . . (by the way did you see the new pics? Kim Greenfield is so talented. . . much more to come!) Now onto Halloween. . .


This year the Brossards went a little bigger than usual and Mom and Dad actually dressed up. Dad was himself as Prince Charming, Mom was Cinderella, Stephen and Luke were transformers(ofcourse), and Anna was Dumbo.


Of course we had the usual festivities. Dad carved pumpkins with the kids. We decorated sugar cookies and took them to the neighbors, etc. The big change of the year, however, was deciding to start the tradition of an annual Halloween Pary with friends and their kids. It was a little crazy and a whole lot of kids, but it ended up being fun for all. Everyone was told they would not be allowed in the door without a costume. Here is some of the damage. If I don't have a picture of you or your weren't invited I'm so sorry! We had a really hard time figuring out how many people we could fit in our house. We mostly stuck with our neighborhood and joy school friends. If I could of I would have invited everyone. Sonja and Lynette kindly sent me their shots to use for this post, with all the hustle and bustle I didn't take enough pictures. See if you can guess who these rogues in vogue are. .











Are those not great costumes? How fun is that! Now, back to the party. First we gathered at our house for a potluck dinner and let the kids have costume parade and picnic out back. Then the adults left the kiddies with babysitters (yes I know I am brave to abandon my house to little crazy bodies full of sugar and adrenaline) and headed to the Marsaws for Bingo and charades. It was a little competitive (well not a little, a lot), but if you don't want to win, why play? Right? That's my motto anyway. Not really but still fun, fun. Here are some shots of the kids.



What a Halloween! I think I've finally recovered!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE the pics of your cute family!! AND I love what you can do with your photo program!! We had SO much fun at your party....hope we make the list next year too!! :}

hope said...

Ohhh! I am so sad we missed it. It looks like it was so much fun.

Dahnelle said...

Bingo and charades got competitive? Seriously? Remind me never to play games with whoever THAT was. Oh,wait...

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Wow! Amy I love the new family pictures! You all look so great! What a gorgeous family! Also great halloween costumes.. you make a great cinderella!

Lynette said...

Amy they are the best pictures of your family. You do such a great job with your photoshop scrapbooking.

Ben and Shara said...

Wow, I don't know how you have the time to fit it all in. You guys are amazing. I love the typical Steve story. You did find yourself a great man, but might I mention that he found himself a great gal! Kudos on the running thing jeez. 18 miles. I'll be happy if I can ever fit in a half marathon. OHHHHHa

jaron said...

Aim, What a beautiful family! I love the new pictures! Congrats on your marathon training--let me know how it goes! Are you doing any yoga or fitness teaching? I'd love to chat/email/plan a trip together sometime! We could meet in Indianapolis (it's almost halfway...:)) or something. I love seeing/hearing about what a beautiful, Christ-centered family you have! (Love Em)